Saturday, January 16, 2016

Four Brandt's Blvd Wallets

Wow, This is my first post of the year. I really haven't sew as much as I would like. I've been working on a new bag design I'll be using for my bags. But I can't show you yet. I finished the first test model and I still have to change the way I did something. So stay tuned for a later reveal.

I did manage to make these Brandt's Blvd Wallets. I have others cut already but I'm waiting for some thumb catch closures I bought to finish them. This pattern is from Chris W Designs and you can get it here.

This one is made with a blue print fabric with some French script that I got at JoAnn's. I already had this fabric in a yellowy beige and liked it so I gave it a try in blue.


 This second wallet is made with a black print called Text Me by Wyndham Fabrics. I have to say I love this print.

The third I made with a damask print in black and beige that I've had for a while. This one is by Whistler Studios' Keys Collection.


For this last one I used a very nice black print that has some arrows in white and metallic gold. I used it previously for a bag and wallet and both sold in my shop. So this fabric is a winner! I believe I got it at Hobby Lobby.

This wallet has great features and size. The big cellphone pocket seams to be the most loved feature. I love making it!


All of the wallets are available at my shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com.

I still have to make the January Bag of The Bag of the Month Club. Plus I received Sara Lawson's new book Windy City Bags as a gift and I really want to try some of the bags. The designs are really cool. If you don't have your copy I highly recommend it. Do you have it? Have you made any of the bags?

So many bag patterns and fabric and so little time!!!!

Happy Sewing to all!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this wallet, too, Norma. Your versions are great. I bought the arrow fabric, too, from JoAnn's I think. Haven't used it yet, but it looks fabulous here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! You should use the arrow fabric soon. Bags I've made from it sell well.

      Delete
  2. Great fabric choices Norma! I love that blue text fabric. Looking forward to seeing the bag you are making now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl. Try getting some of the blue text fabric is very beautiful.

      Delete