Monday, December 21, 2015

My Second Brandt's Blvd Wallet and a Lotus Bag

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all doing great possibly having some family time because of the holidays.

Before I get caught up on other things I want to share the second Brandt's Blvd Wallet I made so time ago. The pattern is from Chis W Designs and is part of the new range of patterns that are easy and fast to sew. You can find your copy here where you can also read about the features the wallet provides.


I really love the look and clever features the wallet has. I used a fabric from Carrie Bloomston's Story  Collection named Newspaper in Indigo. I combined it with some dark brown twill fabric. The only change I made was elongating the closure tab by an inch.

Last Friday I was at a private craft fair and both my Brandt's Blvd Wallets sold. One of the customers first checked if her huge mobile phone fit (and I thought it wouldn't) and surprisingly it did. So she was very happy to get the wallet. I'll be making more of these probably at the beginning of the next year. I can't believe 2015 is almost over. What a year!!!

Another Bag I made and somehow have forgotten to share is the Lotus Handbag Pattern by Blue Calla Patterns. You can find it here. 







I love how it turned out. I used Bari J. Ackerman  Panache Canvas in Profundo from the Petal and Plume Canvas Collection. I combined it with a blueish gray twill. I never made this type of design were you have a central zippered section with two compartments on front and back.The way the zipper is connected and the bag exterior finished was a little odd but it turned out OK. Next time I'll try to "clean up" the method a bit and be more careful. I also learned a new way to make this kind of straps that has a clean finish. See if you can notice it in the last picture. This bag is still available at my Etsy Shop.


This is it for now. I wish you all a Merry Christmas with lots of family time.

Happy Sewing!

 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Norma. More Brandt's Boulevard wallets in my future, too. It is loved by customers for the very reason you said...room for large phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your second wallet Norma. Nice that you sold the wallets too. I have no idea what to charge for wallets or bags.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete