Sunday, December 6, 2015

My First Brandt's Boulevard Wallet

I finally got the chance to make my first Brandt's Boulevard Wallet. This is the second pattern from Chris W Design's Easy Street Range of patterns. This line of patterns are easier than the regular line from Chris W Designs. You can read more about it here and get your patterns here.

After being more than a month without sewing because of my bad shoulder this is the first thing I sew. I was a bit scared at the beginning on how my shoulder will react from the cutting, etc. But so far so good.

This wallet takes very little time to sew. Other than being just beautiful it has a removable wrist strap option, a zipper pocket, two slip pockets, one vinyl ID pocket, four card slots and a cellphone padded pocket. It has just what you need from a wallet.

I made mine using a Tim Holtz fabric for the exterior and a solid hazelnut color 100% cotton fabric for accent and lining.



After doing a mistake in the installation of the thumb catch closure I had to unsew (fun) the closure strap from the exterior and make another one. I opted to make it a bit longer than the pattern so that the thumb catch will sit lower on the wallet. I'm happy on how it turned out.


Having finished this one I started cutting a second one. I don't know what it is with wallets but one is never enough when you start sewing them.

Happy Sewing!!

4 comments:

  1. Its lovely !!
    Welcome back to sewing !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric Norma! So glad you were able to make a wallet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl. I really enjoyed making it. I see more of these in my future.

      Delete