Friday, October 23, 2015

My Second Epiphany Bag

After the first Epiphany bag (pattern from Chris W Designs) I made I knew I will want to make another one soon. Things have gotten on the way. Including some joints pain from the Virus I got back in September. From what I've read and hear the pain and inflammation can last up to 6 months after you got the virus. The other day my feet hurt so much I could hardly stand. And I said , "ok, I'll sew" but the hands also hurt, and the shoulders joined the party. So I just took some breaks while sewing. What I'm I supposed to do? Stop sewing for 6 months? LOL  No way. This can't stop me. And now in the middle of Purse Palooza? This was supposed to be the time when I was going to get crazy sewing and linking my bags to Purse Palooza. But it seems I really have to rest and take care. It's frustrating! So it took me like 5 days to finish this bag. But finally is done and I love it.


 I used the jean fabric again ( I used it on my recent Bella II) . But this canvas print loked perfect with the jean fabric and I've been waiting to use it on the right bag.


If you are familiar with the Epiphany you can see I used a different arrangement for the contrast and main fabric. I wanted to do this and then Marilyn from Shades of Bold inspired me with her second Epiphany bag (red version) so I went for it. You can see her versions here. My arrangement is not like hers but the truth is they all look great. That's the great things with bag patterns, you can customize, and I love to do that.


 Another tweak is that since I didn't use the optional adjustable strap I added a pleat in each Gusset to keep the sides from sticking out, just like Liz (from Moments) did with her first testing version.. You can see it here. Is great to have inspiration from blogging friends.


This time I was able to make the nice interior slip pockets with contrasting fabric.


I'll be linking this bag to Purse Palooza 2015. Have you link bags too. You still have time! And I'll be listing it in my shop soon; if I don't decide to keep it. ;-)

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous, Norma. I love the inside of this bag as much as I love the outside. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Is true, is beautiful inside and out. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Your bags are always perfection inside and out.

    ReplyDelete