Monday, October 12, 2015

A Hobo with pockets

I made another hobo with pockets. You can see my previous ones here. This time I used a blueish gray thick twill as main exterior fabric. Somehow it looks navy blue in the pictures. Not a great camera I guess. For the pockets I used some of the Viewfinder fabric I had. This is from Melody Miller's Collection Playful. I just love this print since it reminds me of my childhood.



This bag is pretty spacious and has a relaxed feel. I only used Pellon SF101 as interfacing, even when the fabric is thick just for an extra crispiness. It can be used as a shoulder bag or cross body by adjusting the strap. This next picture shows the color best.



In the exterior there are two pockets: a slip pocket and a zippered pocket. Inside there are two more pockets: one slip and one zippered. I lined the bag with a gray cotton fabric. Hobo bags are very casual and it"s a great option for an everyday bag.

The bag is listed on my shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com I'll be linking this to Purse Palooza 2015.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot , Daryl. The truth is I like making them and it seems this type of bag is very likable by customers. So I'll be making more of these.

      Delete