Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Big Tote

Recently I was asked to make a tote for a Large Laptop. I thought of some Totes I made a while back which you can see here. So I just made it bigger to fit the big laptop.


The Tote measures 16" high x 12" wide x 3" front to back. The pockets will be great to store the accessories. There's a big slip pocket and a zippered pocket. I checked and the regular size folder fits in the slip pocket.



I used the pattern Two Zip Hipster from Dog Under My Desk but modified it to change it from a zippered crossbody bag to a tote. The dimensions are much bigger too. I just like this combo of slip pocket with zip pocket. You can see the pattern here.

As for fabrics I used a Black Washed Kaufman Denim and a canvas print I got at Joann's some time ago (sorry but couldn't find the name). I used some Pellon SF-101 fusible woven for all exterior fabric plus added some Fusible Thermolam to the main two pieces to provide a bit of cushioning for protection. I guess the new Pellon Flex Foam would've been a better option but I don't have any at the moment and they don't sell it here in Puerto Rico. I'll try getting some on my next visit to the States. ;-)

Do you know this year's Purse Palooza already started? Go visit here. This year Sara (the host and creator) asked me to be a guest blogger!! Of course I said yes. You can find my post tomorrow Thursday. And be sure to visit the Sew Sweetness blog every day of this month to learn about many different bags and also to participate on the giveaways. You can make bags and link them to participate and maybe even win some prizes. Learn all about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment