Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Epiphany from Chris W Designs

Today Christine from Chris W Designs has released her latest bag pattern: The Epiphany. I was honored to be among the testers. Here's my version:






I really love this bag's design. It has a very sleek look. It looks like is small but because of a wide gusset is a very roomy bag. This makes it a great bag for petites since it doesn't look overwhelmingly big. It has two pockets on the exterior: a slip pocket on front and a zipper pocket on the back. The main compartment closes with a recessed zipper.



 Inside there's a great combination of pockets which come from a slip pocket that divides in three sections: one regular slip, one pen compartment and a pleated pocket. Plus there's another slip pocket over that one. I hope you can see it well on the picture.

The bottom of the bag is very sturdy as some Pellon Peltex (sturdy interfacing) is inside. The two top parts of the exterior (shown on print on my version) also has some Peltex. This makes the bag keep it's beautiful square shape.

I used some solid gray twill and a canvas print with some gray, yellow and black for the exterior. For the lining I used a gray quilting fabric. The instructions give you an option of using a combination with the exterior fabric for the interior pocket assembly that makes it look very nice. I didn't use it because I ran out of exterior fabric.

The instructions on the pattern are easy to follow and there are plenty of pictures to help you understand. There are very thorough. Installing the sides and making the zipper are probably a bit tricky for beginners but are very well explained if you want to improve your level of expertise on making bags. It's been classified as an Intermediate Level pattern.

My version will be available for purchase soon on my Etsy shop here.  If you want to get the pattern you can find it here.

Note: I wanted to include separate photos of the different views of the bag but Blogger is acting up and giving me some problem. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, Norma. I really like this bag pattern. I'm working on my second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to make another one soon. I have some custom orders to fill first plus some other stuff.

      Delete