Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Hydrangea Hobo Bag

Hi everyone!

Again, sorry for my little disappearance. It has been a bit more than a month since my last post. Different things kept me away; from a bad lower back pain, then my shoulder acted up too and I helped someone move to a new apartment.

I did get a chance to get Blue Calla's new bag pattern. You can get yours here. There's no affiliation with her other than me liking her bag patterns. This one is called The Hydrangea Hobo Bag. I love that is a zipper closure hobo. And the design came out just as I was finishing a design that I did putting together some features from different bags I've sewn. I'll show you that one too later on my next post.

The instructions are easy to follow with pictures for every single step. I love that front pocket!! How clever to have a zipper pocket on the flap of the slip pocket!!! It's such a nice shape, isn't it?


And the slip pocket has some darts at the bottom to make it a big 3D pocket.





Then the bottom has a nice gusset That gives the bag a great shape.



 On the inside there's a curved bottom slip pocket divided in two compartments. I added a zipper pocket too.


I used a brown canvas chevron as my main body fabric, a solid brown canvas as the accent fabric and a solid beige quilting fabric for the lining. Pellon SF 101 woven interfacing was used fused to all exterior fabric.
I loved the bag when I finished that I made a second one right away.

For this one I used a blue canvas print with some jean fabric on the exterior. There are more pictures of this bag on my shop.

On both of them I modified the strap installation.

Now go get your pattern and make yours. Or you can visit my shop ( www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com ) and get one of the ones I made.


2 comments:

  1. What a great bag. I may have to put this one on my to do list. I love the colors that you have used. Your bags are perfection as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I'm sure you and your clients will love it. I had the brown chevron for a while and thought this was a good time and bag to use it.

      Delete