Monday, July 13, 2015

My Second Zinnia Bag

Hi Bag Lovers,

I recently made this black, two handles shoulder purse using the pattern The Zinnia Bag from Blue Calla Patterns. You can get yours here. I really love this bag design. I made the first one brown and caramel and you can see it here. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. There are many pictures too that help a lot. Actually the second time around I just looked at the pictures to go step by step only reading if necessary.

Now I wanted a more elegant look so I used a black cotton/poly twill that is very soft and yet strong. As an accent I used a print canvas with diamond shapes in gray yellow and black.



This is a large size purse and it closes with a recessed zipper so you can really load it up. There are no pockets outside but that gives it a nice clean look.

 The bottom is really nicely shaped thanks to some darts.


I used a metal label (bling) from Emmaline Bags that says "Handcrafted / Made in the USA" for added elegance. You can find them here.


Since the bag has pleats I only used Pellon SF101 just to give a crisp finish and added strength but no stiff structure.  

The bag is available for purchase on my etsy shop. 

I have other bags that I have to tell you about but let's keep that for another post.

Until the next one; Happy Sewing!!!

4 comments:

  1. This bag is gorgeous, Norma. I love the color combo.Thanks for sharing a bag that is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. You should check out her patterns. I like the ones I got and are very well written.

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity of this bag. You always manage to choose the perfect fabrics for each of your bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I like combining geometrics with solids.

      Delete