Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Promise Ring Backpack

I had the pleasure to test this bag pattern for Sara from Sew Sweetness. The first word that comes to mind when I see this little backpack is CUTE! She's releasing the pattern today. You can get your copy here.

I used a fabric I LOVE. I had some left over from a previous bag and since I got more, at Fabricland in NJ while visiting, I knew I could use some now. I'm lucky that they still had some. I just feel I needed to keep some for hoarding. LOL!!


The pattern instructions asked for a magnetic snap closure but I used a thumb catch. I really think it looks great either way because of the nice trim on the edge. I also added an inch to the overall width of the backpack. I wanted to use the fabric wisely with no thin strips to waste. You know what I mean? I knew the backpack will still look great. Check out this lovely back. The strap is adjustable. All that trim on the seams is very cute! I found the pattern to be easy to sew, but I've sewn lots of bags! But I really think is an easy one to put together.


On the sides I added some slip pockets for easy to access option. I used the side pattern pieces for this.


It has a zippered pocket inside. I added a big slip pocket too just in case someone wants to fit their eTablet inside. I should say the inside is very nice and roomy.


 As usual Sara's instructions are very well written with lots of pictures to help you get great results if you choose to sew the backpack. I think the size is great for adults and kids.

You can get more information on the pattern and see more testers versions here.

My version will be available at my etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment