Monday, June 1, 2015

June Pattern: The Penny Inn Wallet

While I was visiting my family (and away from my sewing machine) Christine from Chris W Designs contacted me for testing the June Pattern for the Bag Of the Month Club: The Penny Inn Wallet. Her due date for testers was just 2 days after I was to get back home. I really wanted to do it so I told her my situation and she accepted me testing even if I was going to be sewing the wallet at the very last 2 days. I thought I had everything figured out by ordering the materials so they'll be home when I got there. Well,  other things got on the way and I did finish my wallet, but some days after. I was still able to give Christine most of my feedback by the due date.

Well, here it is:

I was able to use the great flip closure from Emmaline Bags. Isn't it great!! She sent it right away so I could have it on time. Thanks Janelle.


When you first open the wallet there's a section closed with a snap on front plus lots of sections. You can see how thick the wallet is on this next sideways photo. The truth is this is no ordinary wallet. You can organize a lot of stuff in here. I'll say is more like a clutch with wallet features; or something like that. It just feels wrong to call it just a wallet because is so much more.


Here is a view of the wallet with 20 card slots filled, an ID card, a cellphone, some dollar bills (what was left after my impulsive fabric buying on my trip), and three (yes, three) zipper pockets that could hold some receipts, coupons, shopping lists or lipstick. That's a lot of organizing features in just one wallet. And believe me that beautiful closure will hold everything together very elegantly!!


Here you can see the front section opened.


 And finally you can also carry it with a detachable strap if you just want to use it as a clutch, with no big purse to weight you down.


I used a fabric I just got from my trip and combined it with solid black. To say the truth I was a bit worried it was going to be very complicated but I trusted Christine's expertise on explaining very well. She really divides the instructions on sections and explains step by step with plenty of pictures so you can understand how to sew this big wallet.

This is the last pattern of this year Bag of the Month Club. If you want to give all the patterns (6) at a great price you still can get them until June 30. After that each designer will have the pattern for sale at regular price. At least that's what happened last year. Go ahead and join here if you are still missing this great opportunity. You can also visit the Club's Flickr Page here to see all the wonderful versions of the 6 Bag Patterns people have created.

Being part of the Club has been a blast!! I always looked forward to waking up to my new pattern every first of the month. Now I'll just keep creating bags with these patterns.

Happy Sewing and Bag Loving!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Norma. We'll have to just start counting the days down until January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I'll be sewing while I count the days! :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful wallet and great job on making it and getting it made in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl. The timing was a bit crazy but I really wanted to help test it.

      Delete