Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Holly Bag

A second post for the day!!

I recently got this pattern from ithinksew.com. After going through my fabrics I decided a combination of jean fabric and this bold geometric were perfect for it. Before buying the pattern I thought this one was a small bag but then when seen the size I bought it. The bag measures 10 inches high and 15 inches wide at the bottom when flat. It doesn't have a gusset but is still roomy.


Those pleats are so cute! And the triangular flap adds lots of interest and charm. I think these two fabrics go very well together. I might use the combo again. I made the strap 1"wide because of the hardware I had available. The bag can even be used as a big clutch if you remove the strap.


 You know I like to have plenty of pockets so I added this one at the back. Plus I have a whole lot of navy zippers available. Inside is lined with a gray cotton fabric and there's another zipper pocket.


The instructions on the pattern are very easy to follow and I consider it a simple bag to sew with great results. I already have a second one cut. You can get your copy of the pattern here or buy my already made and ready to ship here.

No comments:

Post a Comment