Monday, April 20, 2015

My April Bag from the Bag of the Month Club 2015

Just a short one here to show you my Manhattan Bag from Emmaline Bags. This pattern is the April pattern available to Bag of the Month 2015 Club Members. You still can subscribe here and get 6 patterns from great designers at a great price. They arrive the first of the month until June. Of course if you subscribe now you'll get the ones that have been released at the beginning and then the rest every month.

I love all of Janelle's designs and this one is no exception. I'm sure I'll make more than one but I started with this small version of it. The patterns let's you choose from two sizes.


At first I was a bit concern in how difficult it could be to make the flap zipper. Yes, the bag as a pocket on the flap that opens with a zipper right on the edge. How cool is that!  And it has a very nice bottom created by some pleats.


It happens that the instructions, as expected from all Emmaline Bags patterns, are very clear and helpful to achieve this kind of flap pocket even if it's your first time making one. I had no trouble at all and it was a fast bag to make.

I used an olive green twill fabric as the main external fabric. As an accent I used a green print that has some tree silhouettes for the flap. The print fabric is an Alexander Henry I had around for a while now.
The "Miss" version of the bag is quite small but is very useful for those outings when you just want to be light and carry essentials. I love how cute it is. Next time I'm sure I'll make the "Mamma" (big) version. Thanks Janelle for the new technique taught on making flap pockets.



The bag is already available for purchase at my Etsy Shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, Norma. I love green and this shade is fabulous. I am behind on this bag, but look forward to making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma, i'm behind on chevking out my favorite blogs ( yours included ) and i see you have been busy creating beautiful bags !! I love them all

    ReplyDelete