Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Third Campfire Bag, some Bucket Bags and Get Carded Wallets.

Hi!
So sorry I neglected posting. I have sewn several items since the last time.

Back in March I made this bag using the March Pattern, Campfire Messenger Bag, of the Bag of the Month Club 2015 by Noodlehead. This is the third one.



By now you know I love sewing bags with this Canvas Owl fabric. The brown Polka Dot is also a Canvas fabric. The accents were made with a soft cotton blend twill which wasn't that thick.

I also wanted to make some Bucket Bags since they are so popular again. My friend Marilyn from Shades of Bold made some beautiful ones and I've seen several new pattern tutorials. In Pinterest I've seen some Designer Bucket Bags too. So I was trying to come up with one that will have an oval bottom. After some research I thought I could modify the Bigger on the Inside Drawstring Backpack Pattern from Dog Under My Desk to make the Crossbody Bucket Bag. I wanted the bag to have an ethnic feel so I looked into my stash and found some fabrics that will have the look I wanted. Here is the first one.



It has a big zippered pocket on front and instead of eyelets I used some fabric to create some pass through tabs. There are two on the front and two on the back. I also made the bottom a solid black. Of course I couldn't make just one so since I had this other orange ethnic fabric I made a second one. Here it is:




 Inside there is a slip pocket.


They are both in the large category. I'm planning to make a smaller version too. They haven't find a home yet and are available at my Etsy shop: Norma's Bag Boutique, here.

Last week I made these Get Carded Wallets using the Dog Under My Desk Pattern. I always work on a few at a time. I find it a bit tedious to cut so is better that way. I needed to use the smaller pieces of Pellon SF101 and this pattern is great for that. I keep storing the pieces in a zip loc bag and it was time to use them. My shop needed some wallets.






The last one I kept for myself. I love olive green and I knew the fabric will be used for this. The others are at my shop.

Sales are not doing so great (just good) on my Etsy shop but I made some local sales. I already have a pretty good amount of inventory (100 +) so that should help getting found on Etsy searches. I know I'm selling better than last year but I hope to improve my numbers. Maybe there will be some Mother's Day sales. As long as I have some fabric, interfacing and hardware I'll keep sewing; but I need sales to keep buying. LOL!

I'll be visiting family in the US at the end of the month and of course I'll use the opportunity to buy fabric, as always. I hope I get some good ones. So it might take some time to get back to the blog.

Happy sewing!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love them, Norma. You have been working hard. Can't wait to see the fabric you buy while you are in the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Of course I'll show the fabrics when I come back. I'm looking forward to filling my bags with fabric.

      Delete
  2. Wow Norma you have been one busy gal. So many great bags. Where in the US does your family live? You better take several empty suitcases with you to fill up with fabric you buy, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl. Of course I need to take my suitcases a bit empty to have space for the fabric. LOL

      Delete
  3. Whoa, Norma - what a collection of work! I am especially liking that orange bucket bag... great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. I plan to make more bucket bags after I come back.

      Delete
  4. Norma, Love all your bags. You have been very productive....I might need a nap...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. Sewing is my therapy so I try to do my best. LOL.

      Delete