Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Second March Bag

A couple posts back I showed you my first bag made with the March Bag Pattern of the Bag of the Month Club 2015. The pattern is Campfire Messenger Bag by Noodlehead. All Club patterns are available only to members. If you don't have a subscription to the Bag of the Month Club 2015 you still have time. Click here for more information.

 As soon as I finished making the first I knew I wanted to make more so I cut two of them. So here's my second Campfire Messenger Bag.


For this one I used a dark gray twill as the main fabric, accents with a black quilting fabric and flap with a canvas print. I used webbing for the strap. I was visiting a friend the other day and she had a big piece of this Collage Fabric Canvas Print I used for the flap. I fell in love with it and she gave me a piece. Don't I have great friends? The fabric has different New York images like the Statue of Liberty, the yellow taxis, Christler building (sideways on the bottom right of the flap) and some subway signs. The weird thing is that it also included an image of Elvis and another of Marilyn Monroe!! LOL I decided to use just the New York images. Oh; and my friend gave me two other fabrics that are awesome too. You'll see them soon.


I used a 1-1/2" webbing for the strap since I have some in my stash. Gotta use what I have first! The strap holders were also made of the webbing.


I found out my electronic tablet fits in the back pocket laying sideways. So even if you have an iPad it will fit in that pocket. I used Pellon SF101 and Thermolam as interfacings again. Love the look of the snaps. I'm not afraid of them any more. This bag is available for purchase in my shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.Etsy.com


The third Campfire is halfway done but I ran out of 1"rectangles and I'm waiting for them.

 And if you want to see all the amazing bags the members are sewing check the Club's flickr page here.

6 comments:

  1. Love this bag, Norma. That fabric is great. You do have nice friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having good friends is a blessing! Let's see what else I make with the fabric.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The flap on the design provides a good way to feature a nice fabric or some other nice work. Thanks Daryl.

      Delete
  3. Great fabric, love this version. I still haven't gotten to March, I was blessed with some special orders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Good that you've been busy with orders. I just love this pattern.

      Delete