Monday, February 9, 2015

I've Been Sewing More Bags

Hi everyone! I'm happy to say that I've been very productive these days. I set myself the goal of getting the shop with at least 100 items and I'm really going for it. During January I just sold 1 bag on Etsy and now on February I already sold 4!! Isn't that cool! And last night I reached my 100th sale!! Woo Hoo!!

Let me show you the bags I've made. First an Uptown Bag (Pattern from Chris W Designs). I used a solid navy blue twill and a blue and white canvas print. On the inside I modified it to be simpler. The original pattern calls for a zipper pocket inside that divides the main compartment in two big sections and then two big slip pockets. I omitted the big dividing zippered pocket. Instead I left the main compartment simple with just a regular zippered pocket on one side and a big divided slip pocket on the other side. I used a metal "Handcrafted" label on the front from Emmaline Bags.





Then I also made this bag with the Owl Canvas Fabric and a Polka Dot Brown Canvas. I came up with this simple design to feature the owl on the flap. This one has an adjustable strap to use it as a shoulder bag or cross body bag. There are some darts to create a nice rounded bottom.There's a zippered pocket under the flap and also at the interior.





I liked the shape and design so much I made two more of these. They both are made with a black twill fabric and a canvas fabric for the flap. I used a thumb catch closure on the flap.




With all these bags I'm at 95 items at my shop. So I'm getting close to the goal. But since I hope I keep having a sale every now and then, let's see if I can reach my goal soon.

So let me get away from the computer to see if I have time for sewing today. I'll keep you all posted.

Happy Sewing!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Norma. So productive! The bags are gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Soon housework will scream at me. LOL

      Delete
  2. I like them all Norma, and I love your canva fabric, here I can't find that kind, just plain canvas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena. I love printed canvas. Is a shame you don't have some available.

      Delete