Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Serendipity Hip Bags from Chris W Designs

Ok, I did get a little obsessed with Christine's ( from Chris W Designs) new pattern Serendipity Hip. This pattern has just been released. There are some fabulous features on this bag. You can see other testers versions and more information on Christine's release blog post here. She asked me to test it and I made this one.


I used quilting fabrics. The print is from Bo Bunny's Detour Collection. I was waiting for the right bag for this fabric and I thought this one was very appropriate. The truth is I only used a fat quarter of the print. I used a black Kona cotton for the contrast. The interfacings used were Pellon Woven Fusible SF101 and Pellon Thermolam Plus.

As you can see the bag has some very useful exterior pockets: one zippered, one slip, and inside this one there's a cellphone pocket. So you'll have space for keys, cellphone and any other stuff you want to have very accessible. The 1" strap is adjustable so it can be used as a shoulder or cross body bag. The main compartment closes with a zipper to keep your belongings secured. I decorated the zippers with some polymer clay beads I had around.

Inside there are even more pockets, a zippered one and two card slots with a small pocket behind. So there's no need to take the whole wallet with you. This bag is great for a fast outing or when you want to go out light with essentials. Although it will fit a bit more than essentials and everything will be very organized.
So after I was done with the first one and gave Christine my recommendations as a tester, I thought I'll make a few more bags, since it took so little material and it's so easy and fast to make; at least for me. So here's the second one. I used a fabric from Jay McCaroll City Center's Collection. I had just received this fabric from Pink Chalk Studio, who sadly is going out of business and has a good sale going on; check it out. For strap I used a 1-1/2" wide webbing and some canvas fabric at the bottom.

 

While cutting this second one I got carried away and cut some more. Here they are:
 Third Hipster Bag: Fabric from Fox and the Houndstooth Collection
 

 Fourth Hipster Bag: Word on the Street Fabric from Jungle Ave Collection by Sara Lawson

 Fifth Hipster Bag: Fabric from Nightshade Collection by Tula Pink
 Look at the beautiful Bird on the back:

 Wow! Lots of pictures here. I guess you can tell that I love this bag. The second one I kept to give as a gift but all the others are available at my Etsy shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com.

I've given some TLC to my shop and have a new banner. New business cards are ordered. I'm trying to increase views and sales by working on my tags and titles and participating in the forums. It's hard to be seen with so many bag shops. No sales since September but my views have gone up. Let's see what happens and when. I need to sell to buy more material of course.

I hope you enjoyed my bags.
Happy Sewing!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks ever so MUCH for testing, Norma and I LOVE everyone of them! :) GREAT JOB! I am sure they will be a big hit in your shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Thanks for such great designs.

      Delete
  2. Great fabric choices Norma. Good luck with your bag sales too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Norma they are beautiful but I'm in love with the last one lolll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! I love your pleather version. That last one is everyone's favorite.

      Delete