Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Totes Ma Tote and a Tudor Tote

Sorry I haven't post lately. Here are some bags I've made.

First the Totes Ma Tote. This one is done from a Emmaline Bags pattern. You can find the pattern here. I was saving this canvas fabric because I really love it. After purchasing some metal labels from Janelle at Emmaline Bags and some zipper metal ends I thought I tried them with this bag.


 I used a bit of leather under the metal label so it'll be more visible since the fabric is so busy. It also looks so chic! I added a zipper pocket at the back. For the straps I made a modification using some rivets and some strap holders.


I used some purse feet as recommended.


The inside lining is a gray cotton fabric. I used  Pellon SF 101 and some Thermolam for the exterior fabric. For the bottom I added some Pellon Peltex as recommended.


This other Tote is made using the just released Tudor Bag pattern from Sew Sweetness. You can find the pattern here. I was one of the testers.


 I used a fabric with some Paris landmarks print and did a bit of Fuzzy cutting. The black fabric is a black canvas.

This is a very roomy bag. I say it will be great for shopping or for a teacher. Is pretty easy to sew. Sara's instructions are great, as usual. With lots of pictures and step by step instructions.


Both Bags are available for purchase on my etsy shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com

Among other news I won the randomly chosen prize in Purse Palooza!! Isn't that great! The prize is a $25 gift certificate from the Fat Quarter Shop and another $25 gift certificate from Zipper Island at Etsy. So I'll be browsing aroung to see how I can spend these. Pretty lucky, right? It took me by surprise. I'll show you what I get.

For those of you at the United States I hope you spend a nice Thanksgiving Day with your family.

2 comments:

  1. Love these bags, Norma. But the first one is my favorite. I love the Totes Ma Tote pattern. It just showcases the fabric. Great idea to put the leather under the tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that bag too. I have some of the fabric for a bag for myself!

      Delete