Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Second City Slicker Bag

Yesterday I finished sewing my second City Slicker Bag using the pattern from Chris W Designs.  My daughter loves houndstooth print and it's not that I love it like her but I do think is a classy print. I have several bags on my shop with the print and thought the City Slicker will look great with this fabric being a classy design too. I made the Intermediate level one.



For those of you that don't own this pattern I will tell you that even though it looks like a difficult task to sew is not. Christine does a fabulous work taking you step by step, with lots of pictures so that you can accomplish such a beautiful and professional bag. The instructions are really good, you just need to read and have patience and you will love your results.


 I use the suggested accent fabric a bit different.The pattern asks for the pocket to be done in the exterior solid fabric and I like it better with the print. But that's why bag patterns are great; you can choose how to make it and which fabrics to use. I used rivets for a professional look as suggested.


I used a solid black twill and a home decor weight houndstooth print for this bag. I fused all exterior pieces with Pellon SF101, including pockets and straps. Then the main pieces and front flap pocket (pocket and flap) were also fused with Pellon Thermolam Plus. That front pocket is so cute!! Using Thermolam for it helps it maintain the great shape.


The top zipper closure let's the bag open wide so you can find things easily. I used a gray cotton blend as lining and for interior pockets. There's one zippered pocket and two slip pockets. The slip pockets have compartments for great organization.


I will be entering the purse in this year's Purse Palooza. The bag is available for purchase at my etsy shop here.

Bye Bye now! I should go back to cutting more bags to sew!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Norma. I agree with you that houndstooth print is classy and how can you beat black and white? Good luck with Purse Palooza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I too think it is a classy print and perfect choice for this bag! LOVE that you used it for the front pocket too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Christine!! I'm so glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful in the Houndstooth print. I too love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bag, very classy. I love this pattern this bag is so comfortable and roomy.

    ReplyDelete