Monday, September 8, 2014

Messenger, Gizmo Garage and Genevieve Bags

I have a few bags to share. I was thinking of dividing them up in different posts but I decided to share it all now so I have more time to sew later!! :-)

First I can finally share my laptop bag from Chris W Designs just released pattern Garage Gizmo. I was happy that she asked me to test it just at the right time when I had time and energy. I love to test her patterns of course. It was just released today. Check here for her post.

 Front


 A bit sideways


 Back


All the pockets under the front flap

I made the small version so I could check sizing with my daughters' laptop. Hers is an old macbook (2008 maybe) when they were not so thin and it fit very well. So new 13" macbooks should fit even better. The main compartment is for a small laptop. There are no other pockets in this compartment to protect your laptop from scratching. At the back there's a flapped pocket that will fit a tablet or iPad. Behind the main flap there are many pockets to store your charger, mouse, cables, paper and cellphone. She really thought of everything. The strap is a long adjustable one so you can use it as a shoulder or crossbody bag. 

I used this colorful owls fabric to match a solid black. I also used Soft and Stable and Pellon SF101 as suggested and the results are a very padded for security and protection bag. Isn't it cute? The pattern might fool you thinking that because of having so many features it will be difficult to make but no. Even that beautiful flap design is easy to make. There are lots of pictures and instructions so you can make your own laptop bag. And since it comes in three sizes you pick the right one for you.

Ok now the messenger bag. I used the Messenger Bag Pattern from Michelle Patterns. You might also noticed I used the same fabrics I recently used for a Noodlehead's Super Tote blogged here. I just loved the colors together. And with this pattern's big flap I knew it will look awesome.

 Front

Under the flap

This gray color gave me some trouble in the pictures. But I got it as close to what I think is OK. The bag is available at my shop. By the way, I have a sale going on on my shop. Everything is 15% off my already great prices.

Last week I got two more patterns from Christine at Chis W Designs; the Genevieve and Bella Bag Patterns. I started with the Genevieve. What an interesting shape!

 Front


 Under the Flap


Interior

I used some fabric from the Tim Holtz Eclectics Collection (1 and 2). I wanted to use mainly the Postmarks one (the name is Correspondence) but only had 1/2 yard. So I combined it with another fabric from the collection, French Script. This one I used for the back of the flap, the strap and the front main piece behind the front pocket. Since I was making the plain no piping version I decided to add an accent at the bottom of the flap. The Tim Holtz fabric is a bit pale and the bag needed some pop. I really like how it looks. At the interior I made a slip pocket and a zipper pocket. This bag is bigger than I thought it was. It looks like a messenger bag. So a tablet will fit inside even if it's on a case. I will definitely be sewing more of these.

Wow! This is a picture loaded long post. So please do comment and let me know what you think of my Genevieve Bag.

4 comments:

  1. Great bags, I love that messenger bag for Michelle Patterns, and I'm still in love with that fabric combo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena. Aren't they great together? Love them too.

      Delete