Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Second Convertible Bag and a couple of Necessary Clutch Wallets

Here's the second Convertible Bag (March Bag) that I've made. The pattern is from Samantha from Sewing Patterns from Mrs H. I sold the first one I did recently and I thought I should make another one. When looking through my stash I got excited on how it will look with this southwestern print cotton I got recently. I think they look great together!


I just had 1/2 a yard of the print so I decided to make the strap a solid black like the front pocket. I got lucky and the 1/2 yard was just enough!! Having some solid black cotton fabric around always comes handy.

 I narrowed the flap just a bit so it wouldn't look wider than the bag. This bag can be used as a shoulder/ crossbody bag or a backpack just by using the tunnel in the back to pass the strap through.

 For the lining I used some gray fabric (so it won't be so dark inside) for ease on finding things inside. I made a zipper pocket inside.

I have it available at my Etsy Store here.

I also found some Necessary Clutch Wallets (pattern from Emmaline Bags) that I had cut and fused some time ago and were not finished. When I started making these wallets I went a bit crazy making many versions and I guess that's why I left these two unfinished. Making this wallet is addictive. It should have a warning sign on it! :-)  I had used the fabric previously on the pattern but in other colors ( here ) . It's a match I really like.




For these I did not used the accent piece on the flap. I just kept it simple but used Peltex on the whole flap for sturdiness. The fabric is Robert Kaufman House Designer - Fusions Ombre.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I'm crazy about those wallets they're so useful and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. Janelle did such a great job coming up with the design. I remember I bought the pattern the day it came out and by the next day I was done with my first wallet.

      Delete
  2. Norma I love that Southwestern fabric! It would go perfect here in New Mexico where I live!!! Even those beautiful wallets have a SW feeling to them. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric I used in the Convertible Bag is from Michael Miller's Collection Wild Horses and the name is Tribal Blanket in Sunset. I got it at Hawthorne Threads.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics Normas and gorgeous bags !! you did a great job as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! So many beautiful fabrics and bag patterns; so little time!

      Delete