Sunday, August 24, 2014

My first Super Tote

I finally got the Super Tote Bag Pattern from Noodlehead. I've been meaning to get it and kept postponing it. I've seen it so much in different fabrics and it always looks terrific. I used the Dragon fly fabric from the Koi Canvas Collection by Rashida Coleman. This Tote will be a gift. I won't say who's going to get it just in case.


 I used some natural Canvas to coordinate. This tote is really big. Just perfect for someone to use for a knitting project, yoga or gym class, library bag, shopping bag, beach or pool bag, a night over bag or you name it. Look at that wide gusset. And the pleat looks so cute.

 
There's a very spacious front pocket. I made a faux piping effect on the top of it.

I've been browsing my fabric stash to see which other fabrics are ideal for this Super Tote. I'm already cutting another one. But I'm waiting on my interface to get here. I ordered it by the bolt at Joann's. I'm always checking for half price sale with free shipping and get a very nice deal.

I felt the urge ( you know what I mean, right?) to buy some fabrics the other day and I got some 1/2 yard cuts from Hawthorne Threads. They shipped very fast and have a very large and nice inventory. They are: Tribal Blanket in Sunset from Wild Horses Collection (Michel Miller), Bottlecap in Multi from Eclectic Elements 2 by Tim Holtz, Destination in Navy from Detour Collection by Bo Bunny ( I just love this one) and Sneakers in Black from Geekly Chic Returns by Amy Adams. I still have a nice stash from my purchases while in the US last April/May visit. So I'm trying not to buy too much. Wishful thinking?!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Norma. Love that fabric with the natural canvas. They are perfect together. Lucky person who is getting it! Also love that Destination in Navy fabric. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag Norma, I love that dragon fly fabric. And very nice new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete