Recently Erin from Dog Under my Desk released her Date Night Purse Pattern. She's really meticulous and precise when she designs a pattern. She had been working on designing a purse with a new top zipper technique for a while as she explains here. She finally made it! If you're interested in the pattern she has a special introductory price for a while. Knowing her great instructions and construction from previous patterns I was sold since I first saw it. So here's my first bag with the pattern.
Check out this beautiful oval bottom.
And here's a closer look at that top zipper.
I added a zippered pocket inside instead of the pattern's slip pocket.
The bag is a small size bag and it only takes 2/3 yd of exterior fabric to make. These are some features she mentions on the purse pattern description:
- 25-page full color excessively detailed instructions with photos
- 7 computer generated pattern pieces
- Measures about 11.5″ wide x 7″ tall x 3.75″ deep with a 9″ strap drop
- Fits nicely under the shoulder or can be held without touching the ground
- 9″ zippered opening at the top keeps everything inside secure
- Patch pocket inside for pens, keys, and phone
- Single pocket on the outside for whatever you need to access quickly
- Lining is completely finished with no raw edges
- Requires a long-pull purse zipper, single or double pull