Monday, June 30, 2014

More wallets

After making the wallet for my daughter I realized there were so many modifications from the original tutorial that I needed to write the whole instructions for myself. That way I would sew future ones easier. So I took measurements, evaluated minor things that bother me and wrote a draft. To check on these instructions I made two more wallets. Here they are:





They are a bit whimsy for those who don't want to take things to serious and want something that will make them smile. Now I'm happy with the design and can make more easier. Although I should never get to confident making a pattern as to neglect the step by step instructions. I made this bag I've done many times and thinking I could rush with no trouble I ended setting the magnetic snap on the outside! LOL Oh my !!!
I just took a deep breath and got my seam ripper. Good that the lining uses these pieces. Probably that's why I got all messed up. It's so "nice" when ripping a seam takes like ten times more than what it took to make it!!!

I used a print fabric from JoAnn's with France reference and a Kona solid that matches. The solid is a very dark brown (Expresso). I used the pattern Crossbody Bag from Michelle's Patterns which it's been discontinued. You've probably remember other bags I've sewn using this pattern. I like it! This bag actually resembles this other one I made before with a Paris print.


I just sew another one of these since it sells pretty well.

The wallets are available on my etsy shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com. The bags I still have to take more pictures before I list them. Right now is very cloudy. We are having thunderstorms almost every day here. The beauty of the Caribbean. Well let me make this post before the thunder takes away the electricity for a while.

14 comments:

  1. Great, Norma. Looks like you have been busy using that new fabric. I love the whimsical prints. No one should take themselves too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma I like the fabric on the bags and the fun fabric on the wallets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great prints out there!

      Delete
  3. Norma they are great. I love the owl wallet. And the crossbody bag is gorgeous, I love the fabric combo and the shape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wallets are adorable, great bag too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Don't we just love to sew!!

      Delete
  5. To echo everyone's comments, love the fabrics! The Paris themed ones just make me want to travel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! I just had to get the Paris print fabric when I saw it!

      Delete
  6. Where do we get the wallet pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my previous post (http://normasbagboutique.blogspot.com/2014/06/geeky-wallet.html) I explain a bit about it. Is mainly using a tutorial and then I made some modifications. Check the previous post for links and more information. Thanks for asking.

      Delete