Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm back with fabric!!

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your patience while I was away.

I spent a month and a half out of home. My sister is doing pretty well after her transplant. I had time to share with all three sisters, my mom and my daughter. It was great! At the end I was really homesick and missing my hubby and younger daughter. The trip was a bit too long.

I did a bit of sewing. I made these wallets from the pattern Get Carded from Dog Under my Desk. This one I made for my older sister. She already had a bag with the same fabric (from Tim Holtz) so she was really excited. She even scanned the fabric and made a cover for her journal all matching!



 This one I made for another sister.


These last two I'll add to my shop soon.


 I had some time to visit JoAnn Fabrics and Hobby Lobby and got some fabric!! Yey!! I also bought some online from Fabric.com. After promising myself not to buy any more fabric we passed by a store named Fabricland. How could I resist. I just got one 1yd cut there. Here they are.

From Fabric.com

From JoAnn's Fabric and Hobby Lobby



From Fabricland. I love this one so so much, I'll make something for myself with it. It's a canvas.

From JoAnn's Fabric

Just remnants

So you see; I got my souvenirs!! LOL.
Now at home I have a list of things to do. There's a bit of housework and a bit of sewing. I'll see how I manage to keep things balanced. I just started cutting a bag I'm testing for Janelle. I also have some Bag of the Month Bags to do. Hopefully by the end of June I'll have at least one of each pattern.

This is it for now.

9 comments:

  1. Welcome bag Norma....just in time to test my tote pattern! LOLLL So glad your sisters transplant went well and GREAT job with the wallets and LOVE the fabrics! :) hey.....don't miss out on my photo competition!! http://blog.chriswdesigns.com/2014/05/win-pdf-patterns-and-hardware-kits-just-for-taking-a-photo-photographic-competition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I was checking out your competition. I'll try to get some photos and compete.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back. Good to see you back to sewing and blogging. Cute wallets, your sisters are very lucky. Love your idea of scanning the fabric, never would have thought of that. Seems like you to do list is very much like mine. I'm just finishing Janelle's pattern and looking forward to doing Christine's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. My sister is very creative. She looked like a little girl the first day of school with her bag and stuff matching.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are home, Norma. Missed your blog while you were gone. Glad your sister is doing well and that you had a great visit with all of these ladies in your life. Now, back to work! Love the wallets and love the patterns I've tried from Dog Under My Desk. Glad you bought some "souvenirs", you know I always do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Yes, the "souvenirs" had to be fabric like you do. This wallet pattern is very well made. She thought of every single detail. You can't just make one.

      Delete
  4. So good to hear from you Norma. Oh such beautiful wallets and lots of great fabrics to play with too! Looking forward to seeing the bags you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl. I love the wallet pattern. Is very well made and makes me want to keep making more. Now back to play.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad that you sister is doing well. Those fabrics are beautiful and the wallets are great.

    ReplyDelete