Monday, June 23, 2014

Geeky Wallet

I made this wallet for my daughter. She selected the fabric Retro Geek from Timeless Treasures. I was careful when placing my pieces when I was cutting so that the wallet will show a bit of everything. Is a very fun fabric.
 Front
 See the closure tab? It's a power button.

Opened

 Back

Aren't those little robots on the fabric adorable? I used a tutorial from VeryPurplePerson here. I have sewn a few before using this tutorial and made some modifications so that it wouldn't need the binding on the sides. The binding makes it a bit too wide. This time for the card slots I used a combination of the measurements given in the Necessary Clutch Wallet Pattern from Emmaline Bags adapting them with the tutorial. Also I changed the way to attach the closing tab and added a removable wrist strap. Little by little I've been getting to a set of measurements and way to construct the wallet that I really like.

Having a wallet so cute will make sure make her smile every time she takes it out from her purse to pay for something. :-)


7 comments:

  1. Your daughter will love it! Not only will she smile every time she uses it, it will make her think of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet. Thanks! We do miss each other since she moved out. We do talk or text every day.

      Delete
  2. I love the modifications on your wallet. I've had this tutorial saved for so long I'd forgotten about it. I think it was the binding that put me off. I'm not keen on wallets with binding. After seeing yours I think I need to set some time to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go ahead and make some of them. Change things experimenting until you get what you want. I'm sure you can do it.

      Delete
  3. Norma the wallet looks great with your modifications! Your daughter will love it not only because she chose the fabric herself, but more because you made it for her with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a sweet comment. I do have to be sure to take good notes so I can make it easily next time.

      Delete
  4. this is SO fun! I love it - visiting from Bag Brag Tues - would love a visit back *wink*

    ReplyDelete