Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Brown Polka Dots Butterfly Sling Purse

Since I came back I've neglected this blog a bit. It's not that I haven't sewn any thing, I have but I've been doing some boring housework too.

I did test a bag for Emmaline Bags that I'll show you as soon as Janelle releases the pattern. While I was at my sister's house I cut this Butterfly Sling Bag and I have forgotten about it. So I finally sew it. The first one I made I sold in my shop pretty fast so I knew I had to make another one.




For this one I added a tab to the slip pocket inside which closes with velcro. I love to sew this bag. The pattern is great with very detailed instructions and lots of pictures.This bag is available for sale in my etsy shop.

Yesterday I started sewing the June Bag: The City Slicker from Chris W Designs. I'll finish it today. So that's a post for tomorrow or the day after. I still haven't make the April and May Bags. So I don't think I'll have the 6 bags done by the end of the month but I'll get to them sometime. I have a couple of orders to sew, including a wallet for my daughter. She picked a very geeky fabric that I'm suppose to receive today.

Bye for now and I hope you are sewing more than me. LOL.


6 comments:

  1. Love anything with polka dots! Great idea to add a tab to the slip pocket so the phone doesn't fall out if you open the bag the whole way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of the tab I copied from someone in the flicker pool. Dots are great!!

      Delete
  2. I like your Butterfly sling fabric Norma. I too tested Janelle's bag. Looking forward to seeing all your bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl. Let's see how much I can do!!

      Delete
  3. Love your bag and the idea of the flap on the pocket. I was a bit worried about falling out of it. I'll have to remember that when I made mine. I too was testing for Janelle and like you waiting for the release of the pattern. I also made a bag for a blog hop that I can't show yet, plus a test bag for Christine and a test bag for Sarah Gido. I've got loads of stuff on the go at once so I guess I'm just as busy as you but I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have it any other way either. I love when I can sew and forget about house chores!! LOL

      Delete