Thursday, March 13, 2014

My March Bag

I finished the Convertible Bag which is the March Bag Pattern for the Bag of the Month Club. I love the size of this bag! The instructions were easy to follow with plenty of pictures. Even though the bag is small (11"high by 9-1/2" wide by 2" front to back) it has plenty of pockets to get organized. There are two pockets on the exterior and two inside. A great feature is that an iPad feets inside!! And as the name says you can use it as a crossbody or a backpack when using the "tunnel" in the back. Isn't that awesome!

I used an amber polka dot quilting fabric and a brown solid as the contrast, straps and lining. I used 1/2 yd of the polka dot and one yard of the brown. The interfacings used were Pellon SF101 woven fusible and Pellon Thermolam Plus.




The front pocket is quite big and is interfaced with the Thermolam Plus which makes it padded. For the slip pocket inside I used the polka dot exterior fabric. I think this makes a great college bag.


I also made my niece a bag she ordered. She loves damask print and she chose to feature it in the Flap Crossbody Bag I've been making these days. I think it turned out so elegant! I added a bit of the black fabric bt the tuck/catch closure to help keep the white clean. She's very happy with the bag.



I also made another bag but that one was as a tester so it has to wait to be shown. I loved it so much I'm going to start another one today to give as a birthday present at the end of the month.

I'm so happy with this Bag of the Month Club. All three patterns that have come out are great! And both my first January and February Bag have sold on my shop. So I better list this March Bag soon to see if it has the same luck. I'm planning on sewing more of the January and February Patterns but I need more hours than the days have!!! LOL.

SO MANY BAGS TO SEW, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

14 comments:

  1. GREAT job on both bags Norma, as usual! :) So glad you are enjoying the club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics used on the March bag. Adding the dark brown makes the polkadot pop. The one you made for your niece is amazing, it's so striking. You always do such beautiful professional work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Norma! I love the size of the Convertible bag too, although I didn't make mine into a backpack as I wouldn't wear it that way. I'm making my mom a bag just like mine because she liked the sound of the cross body style. Both your bags are great in the fabrics that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both bags are beautiful, but the one for your niece I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena. Black and white looks very elegant.

      Delete
  5. I love the polka dots!!!
    The only thing that could make it more perfect is if they were red !! LOL
    Fabulous job as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you love them! I'm so glad to hear from you. I was wondering how were you doing with the pain treatment. Hugs!
      Norma

      Delete
  6. Beautiful again, Norma. I just decided on my March bag of the month fabric since I was on vacation and will be starting it soon. I know that you have been using these latches for awhile, and I have admired them This will be my first attempt. The ones I bought go on with a rivet rather than screws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Mine don't have screws. They are like the ones Janelle sells. If you have used magnetic snaps you shouldn't have any trouble with them. I like their look.

      Delete
  7. Your Convertible Bag , March's bag, is so pretty! I love the fabrics you chose.
    I , too, wish I had more hours in a day to sew bags!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Susie. Bag sewing has been very addictive since I started. I know I'm not the only one! :-)

      Delete