Thursday, March 27, 2014

My first Get Carded Wallets

These wallets I made using the Pattern Get Carded by Dog Under my Desk.



This pattern is Erin's most recent release. And this one, as well as the others I have from her, are really well written and designed. All the pieces can be cut using your rotary cutter and pad because all pieces are rectangles. Her instructions are like taking you by the hand and walking slowly.



All measurements are precise to give you a great finish result. The ruler is your friend for a well finished product. There's no hand sewing to close it up. And it takes only two fat quarters of fabric.

 
 The pattern gives you three options on the front zippered pocket: gathered, pleated or plain. She also encourages you to try your own twist on the pocket. It also has two options for the back pocket: vinyl ID pocket or fabric. I went with the pleated for both although a bit different. I used clear vinyl for the ID pocket. And if you have never tried clear vinyl don't be afraid. Is very easy with her method and instructions. When you finish making the wallet you realize how much work was making this pattern. All the details were thought of very carefully.


Other than the outside zippered and slip pockets it has 5 more pockets inside: four for cards and a deeper one for bills. The D ring outside can be used for attaching a wrist strap; instructions included. I used a 3/4" size D ring and noticed my finger goes thru it like a ring and I can carry it like that. I'll sew some wrist straps later anyway with some 1/2" flat cord I have. I give this pattern an A+.

 I think this will make a great gift. Maybe it's time to get started making mother's day little functional gifts. Or just making them to have and save for when you need a little gift for someone unexpectedly.

5 comments:

  1. These are nice, Norma. I made several similar for a customer at Christmas but the pattern I used was not the best. These look better. I like Erin's patterns, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was fun making them. The pattern is really well made.

      Delete
  2. I love these. They look so handy and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. Her instructions are great. She thought of everything.

      Delete