Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Edelweiss Backpack

Now that I just published a post today I can finally show you a Bag I tested for Sara from Sew Sweetness. So for the first time I think I have two posts on a day. The Backpack Pattern is called Edelweiss and is already available in Sara's shop here.




This pattern is really well designed and written. As usual you'll have plenty of step by step instructions and pictures to help you finish the backpack with no trouble. Well, if you print the pattern correctly with no scaling. Someone didn't and the bag ended up being another size!! ? ;-)

I used a home dec fabric from Premier Prints. You know I love geometric prints. Instead of using Soft and Stable I used Pellon Thermolam Plus interfacing and I'm satisfied with the structure it gives the backpack. Another tool that helps a lot is a walking foot. My sweet sister gave me one for Christmas and I love what I can accomplish with it. Handling layers is much easier.

The size of the backpack is great for school. The flap provides a space to feature a nice print and the pockets give you easy reach for small items. I added a top loop or handle to hang it. After I finish the test I ended up making three more, one of them smaller, one as a gift. That's how much I love this pattern.

6 comments:

  1. It's looks great. I love that fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena. I love geometric and monochromatic fabrics.

      Delete
  2. Looks great. I saw these on Sara's website today and enjoyed looking at all of the different backpacks the testers made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. The pattern is great. I see myself using it many times.

      Delete
  3. I couldn't test this one but I love the pattern. You did a lovely job of it and I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I've made 4 already. And having a walking foot on my sewing machine really helped.

      Delete