Friday, February 7, 2014

Update on New Bags

Wow! This is my first February post. I'm sorry.

I made some zipper pouches I had cut some time ago and were laying around. They're two different sets but can be bought individually at my Etsy Shop. One set is Black and White Prints and the other is using some Novelty Prints. I still have to sew another set but will make some bags / purses before that.



 

I also sewed some bags using the Crossbody Bag from Michelle's Patterns. This pattern is quite simple and yet very nice and functional. In the inside I made my own thing. I didn't follow the instructions of making it just like the exterior. I added a zipper pocket inside and a magnetic snap closure on the main compartment. They are all available at my shop here.

 
 
 
 
 
 


I just picked the fabric for my February Bag from the Bag of the Month Club. You should see it soon. I'm very happy to have 70 listings on my shop. One of the goals I have is to be able to have a good inventory so that customers can choose a bag that suits their needs best. I still have some polymer clay items but the shop has mostly bags. The variety of bags include: crossbody, shoulder, messenger, totes, wristlets, clutches, handbags, backpacks, Tablet sleeves, pouches and wallets.

6 comments:

  1. Seems like it's your turn to be busy this month. Your work always looks so professional and I wish you the best of luck with your shop sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Maria. I like being on my sewing corner. To bad there are other chores waiting!!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love all the fabrics..and the great work. When you make so many of one pattern in similar colors, do you sew them all at the same time or one by one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I like to cut several bags at a time either if they're the same or not. That way I have on my cutting table all similar fabrics and then the interfacing. Then I take a day to fuse. And I finally sew one at a time one after the other. My mind is fresher on the steps and I can be a bit faster.

      Delete