Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Chevron Messenger Bag

Oops! I said the February Bag: Butterfly Sling Bag would be next. I have it all cut and fused. Here's proof. I was just trying to get some plastic for the see thru pocket. I just got it today.



Meanwhile I received this beautiful chevron fabric (and some other). I liked so much the way it look with a bit of a bluish dark gray twill I had on my stash and I just "had to" sew this Messenger Bag from Michelle's Patterns.


 
 
 
 
It was very hard to get the color right on the pictures I took. But you get the idea. The bag is listed on my Etsy Shop. I used Thermolam Plus on the lining and the flap. The exterior was fused with Pellon SF101 and some Peltex was used for the bottom.




6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Love the colour and I know what you mean about trying to get the right colour to show up in photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When the camera doesn't get a color a think on how great our eyes are!!!

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful bag!!
    Do you ever sleep ?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. I do sleep, more than most people, usually 9 to 10 hours. 😃

      Delete
  3. It's a great looking bag Norma! I like those chevrons. Looking forward to seeing your finished butterfly sling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl! I started sewing last night and will continue today.

      Delete