I had the honor of testing the pattern for her. This is my version.
I used some black twill with some contrasting houndstooth print medium weight fabric. All the topstitching was made with beige thread for a big contrast. Since I couldn't find the grommets for the handles I made some tabs and used grommets to attach them and also in the handmade handles. The handles are 1-1/2" wide.
For interfacing I used Pellon SF101. This is really my go to interfacing to give the fabric thickness and a crisp look. Over the SF101 I also used Thermolam Plus. Those two with the fact that the twill was strong gave the bag the strength to stand on its own. I also added Peltex on the bottom.
As you can see in the next picture the tabs for the handles go around the top edge to the inner facings. I was able to do this because the rivets I used are double cap (nice on both sides). The recessed zipper holds your belongings nicely in the inside.
With all the pockets it has you can also keep yourself organized. There are two pockets on the outside on the sides. These are great for cellphone and keys. They are pretty deep. Then inside there's a zippered pocket that divides the interior in two big sections. Each side has a big pocket which is divided in two. In one of them I also made a pen pocket as Christine suggests. Somehow blogger is not letting me upload the picture with the interior of the bag. :-(
Go check Christine's blog to see all the other versions from the other testers and get inspired. This pattern is very versatile and you can achieve lots of different looks with it. Go get your copy here.
I still haven't listed my bag on my etsy shop. I'm still debating if I want to keep it for myself, give it as a gift or list it. I also think it will make a great teacher's bag. My usual dilemma!!
Update: The bag has been listed here in my etsy shop.