Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My First Sugar and Spice Bag

I finally had the chance to finish my Sugar and Spice Bag. The pattern is from ChrisWDesigns. I used a beautiful black and white print that has a moroccan style. This time I skipped the piping and went for a simple look.



As interfacing I used SF101 which is a woven cotton fusible interfacing for all exterior fabric and I also used Thermolam Plus ( thin and dense batting) for the main pattern pieces. The shape is held pretty good. I also added a Peltex panel for the bottom to keep the beautiful shape.


 A recessed zipper keeps everything secured in the main compartment.


The pattern is very well written and I can see myself using this pattern again and again. The result is a medium well shaped bag with many pockets for plenty of organization. Inside I changed one of the two recommended slip pockets for a zippered pocket. So it ends up having one slip and one zippered inside and 4 slip pockets in the exterior. The D rings and rivets that hold the handles makes it look very professional.


The bag is available for purchase in my etsy shop. Here.

Now I'll keep working on my January Bag: Bye Bye Love; from the Bag of the Month Club. Is mostly cut. I have to fuse interfacings and start sewing.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and thanks for such great design.

      Delete
  2. Wow what can I say!!!! It's gorgeous. I love this bag. I've been using mine ever since I tested it and its held it's shape really well. I want to make another one some time and love how you've omitted the piping to keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I really couldn't find ready made piping and thought making it will take some precious time. I knew it will look nice simple too.

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena. I really love the fabric too.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Norma! It is a great looking bag.

    ReplyDelete