Sunday, November 24, 2013

Two Alanis Clutches and an Emmaline Bag

I've been absent for a while. A few things got in the way but I kept sewing even if it was at a slower pace. Here's what I've done.

First the Alanis Clutch from Sue Kim of I think Sew.

Alanis in black:

This pattern is great for all those fat quarters I have around waiting to be transformed. You can also add a fancy buckle in the middle strap but this time I opted to keep it simple. I narrowed the strap for this black version.

Alanis Clutch in brown:

 I think both clutches look elegant. Maybe the brown a bit more casual but they are great to carry for a wedding or holiday party. They are easy to make. I used interfacings in them: ShapeFlex and Thermolam to give it shape. They close with a magnetic snap and have a small slip pocket inside.

Then I re-visited the lovely Emmaline bag from Emmaline Bags. I had used this fabric for this pattern before and loved it so much that I kept the bag for myself. Now I added some height since I see so many women carrying big bags. I love this large version. I don't use big bags but I can see this one having many fans.


Some Peltex was used to give the bottom for sturdiness and shape. The fabric is a home dec but I still added Shape Flex for strength.


Inside there are two pockets: one easy slip pocket and a zippered pocket. It closes with a magnetic snap.

Oh and I received my copy of Sara Lawson's book Big-City Bags a couple of days back. It's great! I already have plans to make a couple of the bags.

I also want to thank all of you who have congratulated me on my fourth place win in Purse Palooza 2013. I'm so happy!! I love this wallet and I just can't stop making them. Is from Emmaline Bags pattern The Necessary Clutch Wallet. This is one of the versions I've done. Have you seen her tutorial for an alternate flap? Go check it out here.

This was my winner: 

All of these available from my Etsy Shop: Norma's Bag Boutique.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning! It was a great competition, you deserved your place though!!

    ReplyDelete