Saturday, November 2, 2013

Leather Handles Tote

Recently I had the opportunity of getting a big piece of dark brown leather at a very good price. I plan to use it mostly for handles but who knows what kind of experiments I might do with it. So I used some canvas and the leather together on this tote.
 

 
It's my first time using leather handles and rivets. I used the Ethnic Fabric for the pocket.
I think I'm in love with leather handles!


 I love the clean look inside. I lined it and added an inside slip pocket.
 

This one I'll keep.
Of course it will be another entry for the Purse Palooza.

6 comments:

  1. That's lovely! I've got rivets, why didn't I think of making my own leather handles?! Thanks Norma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the rotary cutter and ruler and it worked pretty well. I don't even need to sew the leather to be able to use it with fabric. Go ahead and have fun.

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity of these handles, they are so effective.

    ReplyDelete