Thursday, October 31, 2013

Little Bo Pleat Handbags

Here are two Little Bo Pleat Handbags I finished sewing. The pattern is from Samantha from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.




I wanted a classic look and that's how I ended up choosing these fabrics. (Well, the truth is Plan A was some satins but while cutting I noticed how slippery they were to handle and went with plan B.) I like the damask a lot. Could you imagine wearing a little black dress and using this as a clutch for a formal party? Wow! The houndstooth print is beige and black. For this version I made the bottom wider than the instructions so it looks lower.  It's an easy pattern to follow and the result is very elegant. After cutting and fusing, the sewing is made pretty fast. They have a zipper pocket inside and close with a magnetic snap. There are some ribbon loops at the sides inside for adding a chain strap.


I'm sure I'll be sewing more of these. These will be available in my Etsy shop soon. I'll be also entering them in Purse Palooza 2013. Go visit and see all the fantastic bags that are linked this second year of Purse Palooza.

8 comments:

  1. Oh these look really 'smart' Norma! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely Norma! Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look stunning Norma. I love black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. Black and White will always make a classic.

      Delete
  4. With black and white
    You'll always right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics you chose for this pattern! Very elegant!
    susie

    ReplyDelete