Friday, October 11, 2013

Busy Sewing Wallets

I've been busy sewing some wallets. I used The Necessary Clutch Wallet pattern from Emmaline Bags. I've used the Fusions Ombre Fabric previously and loved the look (here). So I used this brown and blue version.


I made some changes to the pattern. The flap was one of them. I used Peltex in the whole piece instead of just in the trim, which I didn't use. It gives the wallet strength in the flap and will stay straight when using the shoulder strap. I also used a tuck and catch closure and I love the professional look. I came upon some of these closures and will be using them for these wallets. I was using magnetic snaps. Some people are afraid of the magnetic snaps because of fear that the magnetism will mess up your cards. I've been using my wallet for quite some time and I have never had any trouble with cards or cellphone interference. The magnetism in the clasps is to small for causing trouble.

Here are other two wallets made with the same pattern and doing the same modifications. These two were made using home decorator weight cotton fabric.











All three are available in my Etsy Shop: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com

This pattern is awesome. I love to use it and the final product is beautiful and very functional. I've been using the first one I sew and I love all it's features. Mine doesn't have the straps so these with the straps are much better for added versatility.


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. As always your bag looks flawless, it's beautiful and I love the colours of your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I got this fabrics during the summer and I knew I wanted to make wallets with them.

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful, love this pattern and the changes you made are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Mara. I like the clean look they have.

      Delete
  3. OMG I love that pattern!!! You've done such a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I try to od my best. And you can tell I love the pattern too!!

      Delete